I loooooooove HIIT training! Ok…I admit when I’m beginning to tire I start counting like, “ok, 2 more rounds. That’s 45 seconds 12 times with two 30 second breaks – I got this!
High-Intensity Interval Training is comprised of strength and cardio and is typically designed to efficiently burn fat and calories in short period of time. You can also expect to build endurance, boost metabolism, build muscle, and you do not always need weights. Your body alone can suffice!
What makes HIIT training so great is the option to pick and choose just about any cardio or any strength move to include in an interval. You never have to limit yourself! If you do want to push yourself beyond just your body or a set of dumbbells, try adding a medicine ball (strength or cardio moves), a jump rope (cardio), or a resistance band (strength).
Working out at home is convenient and for me and I can get it done while my little one is napping. YouTube has some of my favorite trainers and before I know it, 30 minutes has flown by!
Want to train at home? Try this 11-exercise circuit for a full-body workout. Complete each exercise for 45 seconds with a 10 sec break and as many reps as you can but make sure to remain aware of your form. If you need to slow down to ensure proper form, then slow it down. Repeat the circuit 2-3 times (or more!).
Also, to help you keep up with the duration of each exercise, I suggest downloading an interval training app that you can set the number of exercises and the duration for each and the app with automatically count down the time for your exercises and include your rest period.
Ready? Here we go!
1. Jumping jacks shoulder press
2. Curtsey lunge crunch – suck the belly button in as you pull your knee up towards your chest and squeeze your abs with each knee raise.
3. Lunge L fly – step back into lunge then arms straight out.
4. Star jumps – start low then explode!
5. Sumo squat upright rows – get those elbows high!
6. High knees – suck that belly button in!
7. Deadlift into a deep squat
8. About swivels – suck it in!
9. Down 🐕 to oblique crunch
10. Push up jacks
11. Bicep in and outs – keep your elbows close to your side.
Renegade rows to side plank. Again, pull the belly button in!
There are tons of options for home workouts! Let me know what other circuits you’d like to see!